The East Coast Museum of Technology collection provides a great environment to enrich all aspects of the curriculum and provide further opportunities for learning, personal growth and social development. Our collection is enjoyed by all ages from preschool to adult tertiary students.
Our collections offer historical and social cultural values that are in line with the EOTC programmes and recommendations, East Coast Museum of Technology can provide:
- The environment and suitable facilities and activities
- Skills and experience of resource personnel
- Safety for children (under supervision)
- Relevance to the curriculum
- Activities appropriate to both girls and boys
There are many links to the curriculum:
- Key Competencies: as a focus for learning and in enabling learning
- Learning Areas: especially Science, Technology, Social Sciences, Art, History and Classics and English
- Assessments: provides contexts for internal assessment for NCEA
As well as school groups, the museum also offers after-hours visits for youth groups and clubs. Please contact the museum to arrange a time and theme suitable for your needs.